February 22, 2012

love and dedication

for those of you who know me, you know that  to me, fashion is art. i truly believe that for some people, it is a way of expressing themselves. i am one of those people. i've always had a liking for all things fashionable. being the eclectique femme, i'd say my fashion sense is eclectique, as well. i'm not certain i "fit" into any one style. rather, i like bits and pieces of different style genres, we'll say. what comes from all of that is simply my own unique style. one that is forever evolving.

i've often wondered where my love of fashion comes from and i have a pretty good idea of exactly where it began-my grandmothers bedroom. i believe i spent numerous minutes, which turned into hours, over the course of my life sitting in front of her mirror, trying on her jewelry. beads, beads and more beads. she had oodles of earings. and of course, what woman who had an afinity for all that, doesn't have copious amounts of shoes and purses. my grandmother was by no means rich. she saved her pennies and worked hard. she had a flare for fashion and always looked good.

so, to her i am thankful. thankful for my flare for fashion. as i child, i may or may not have changed my clothes four to five times in one day. that may or may not happen time and again, as an adult. some things never change. except, i don't throw it all in the laundry each time anymore...since i'm the one now doing the laundry. instead, on those days. it just goes on the floor. it's like a clothing art party, all over the floor. it gets returned to it's proper place, when the timing is right. 

so this post is dedicated to my grandmother-nanny crouse. who nurtured my love of fashion. who gave me a voice...an outlet for expression....in more ways than one.......

more to come on that next time.  

check out my fashion page on the blog. what will you wear tomorrow?

be true to you.
femme x


No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome!